RetroRack have engineered a powersteering rack and pinion bolt in kit for the 1955-57 Chevy. This bolt in system replaces the original steering box and idler arm set up. Great for Right Hand Drive conversions, the RetroRack is unique because it is the only rack & pinion steering system in the world where every main component: The Pinion Housing, Valve Housing, Drag Link & Cylinder Barrel can be rotated 360º degrees and locked into the desired position. This innovative and unique feature resolves tight fitments and mounting issues previously experienced with other steering racks. Standard finish is Black
This design is perfect for vehicle fitments which have a ball centre that match the RetroRack dimensions located on page 66.
The CSS is limited to fitments in some vehicles as the ball centre is fixed unlike the CTO which has an adjustable ball centre design.
CSS Conventional Short Series (End Take off Design has 6 ½ inches of rack travel.
Natural machine finish on all bolt in kits.
Whats included in the Bolt in Kit:
- RetroRack RHD mounting Bracket
- Tri Five Chassis Spacer
- Polished Outer Tie Rod Ends
- Forged steering arms
- Low Profile Billet Mounting clamps
- 11/16 36 Spline x 3/4 DD ( pinion End) Universal
- 3/4 DD x 3/4 DD PS ( Column End) Universal
- 5 x Bolts, Spring washers and Nylock nuts to mount the bracket
- 3/4 Stainless Steel steering shaft 22" long
55-57 Chevy Bolt in Kit RHD
- Brand: retrorack
- Product Code: 801
- Availability: In Stock